12.17.2012

Why I love watching other people's children

I feel like a lot of children come and go at our house.  We have Freddy two days a week, we invite friends over to play, and since every single one of my friends had a baby this year (I'm really not exaggerating at all) we have watched kids during doctor's appointments, etc.  Within one week very recently we had ten different children come to our house (on different days, thank goodness!)  I love our revolving door of children, and here's why:

1. I love that Jilly's my little buddy, but we spend a lot of time together and both definitely enjoy a distraction in the form of another child(ren) for her to play with every once in a while.

2.  When people ask me to watch their children it gives me a confidence boost.  They must not think I'm too terrible of a person if they're willing to let me be responsible for their kids for a few hours.

3.  It is very reassuring to know that if I needed someone to watch Jilly I have people who I've helped in the past that I know would be willing to help me.

4.  I don't necessarily hang out a lot with friends anymore because we're all busy taking care of families and homes.  But, we can visit during a playdate, or chat as we drop off/pick up children and it's so fun to catch up and have a few minutes of adult conversation.

5. It's good for Jilly to learn to share and take turns because she's sure going to need those skills in the next few months.

6.  I love when the extra kids leave and it's just Jilly and me again how peaceful, quiet, and easy my life seems. :)

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Every single one of your friends had a baby this year? Burn! :)